JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Marketing & Student Outreach Associate
Located in Olympia, Wash.
The Foundation’s Mission is to advance individual liberty, free enterprise, and limited, accountable government. What sets the Freedom Foundation apart is its determination to make rigorous, nonpartisan research accessible to voters, not just politicians. The Foundation envisions a day when opportunity, responsible self-governance, and free markets flourish in Washington State because citizens cherish the principles from which freedom is derived. Its operations are primarily underwritten by thousands of individuals.
The Marketing & Student Outreach Associate will join an experienced team in this highly effective organization with a large group of engaged supporters and members. He or she will manage key platforms of the organization—marketing our message to the media, our supporters, and young people.
Located in beautiful Olympia, Washington, the Freedom Foundation’s work has a great impact on our state and the free-market movement across the country. It is a leader in creating and advocating for transformational policy solutions, such as labor union transparency, performance audits, and free speech protections for teachers.
The Associate’s job duties will include:
- Media Relations: Work with Policy staff to identify and engage key reporters, commentators, and media outlets around core Freedom Foundation messages.
- Living Liberty: Manage the process of creating the Freedom Foundation’s flagship publication, our monthly Living Liberty newsletter.
- Online communications: Manage the Freedom Foundation blog and assist with writing and editing of other materials, ensuring both the consistency and excellence of online content.
- Student Freedom Project: The Associate will manage our exciting Young Leaders Program, where students from around the country do substantive policy or grassroots work, and our outreach to college students through events and speakers.
The position is based at the Foundation’s Olympia office. The Associate reports to the Executive Vice President.
QUALIFICATIONS - The Marketing & Student Outreach Associate will:
- be driven by the same principles that motivate our work at the Freedom Foundation,
- convey that excitement in interpersonal interactions and written communications,
- be able to keep many moving pieces on track and plan well in advance,
- have an excellent command of written communications,
- be effective reaching out to new people and building relationships,
- be comfortable with online platforms and basic office software, and
- enjoy working with a team of strong personalities and leaders.
Preference will be given to applicants with political or media relations experience.
COMPENSATION - Freedom Foundation offers a salary and benefits package consistent with experience and the non-profit sector.
TIMEFRAME - The position is currently open, and the Foundation intends to fill it by April 15, 2014.
APPLICATION PROCESS - To apply, e-mail a letter of application and resume to TEngland@myFreedomFoundation.org. Please explain in your letter why you want to work at the Freedom Foundation and highlight what you consider your most relevant experience.